2/19/2012

Grizzly Imploded - loose tracks I found in my mailbox

Not an actual release this time, but rather 2 disks packed with a selection of (yet unreleased?) tracks by Grizzly Imploded, recorded during the past 12 months. G.I. is an italian trio roving around in the realm of kinda psyched free jazz / noisepunk, not very easy to describe, which is mostly rather a positive than a negative aspect. They released a cassette on Scrotum just recently and a CDr on another label (don't remember which one) shortly after. The predominant guitar noise on these recordings comes along with a pretty slick and frantic drumming, and while I'm still pondering to which extent all of this is composed or rather improvised, I notice the complete absence of vocals here, which probably benefits these songs a lot. At times this reminds me a bit of some noisier stuff on Skin Graft or Troubleman Unlimited, which - as I recall - was sometimes literally ruined by the presence of redundant vocals. I haven't been into this kind of music for the past, maybe 10 years or so (which doesn't mean this stuff sounds outdated at all), but I still enjoyed both disks pretty much. These guys are skilled, without a doubt and this little package was certainly among the better ones I received during the past months. 

No comments:

Post a Comment